Not only is it lots of fun to make and decorate your own chocolate Easter eggs but it’s also a great way to avoid the unnecessary packaging that comes with shop-bought varieties: the aluminium foil, the plastic case and the cardboard box.
You will need:
- Easter egg moulds
- 300g fair-trade milk chocolate
- 150g fair-trade white chocolate (to decorate)
- Break up the milk chocolate into smaller pieces and melt in a pan over a bowl of boiling water.
2. Once the chocolate has melted take the chocolate off the heat and let it cool down until the temperature is 27°C.
3. Then spoon the chocolate into your moulds so that the chocolate covers the surface.
4. Put them in the fridge for 10 minutes and then repeat the process 2-3 times until the layer of chocolate is around 0.5cm thick.
5. We used mini-sized Easter egg moulds too!
6. Once the chocolate has set, brush the remaining melted chocolate around the rim of each half and then gently press them together.
7. Pop them back in the fridge for another 10 minutes.
8. Now they are ready for you to decorate them however you want!