They say that all’s fair in love (and war) so why not celebrate Valentine’s Day in light of this old adage?
With only a couple of weeks until the 14th February, I’ve researched some of the best eco-friendly and ethical ideas to help you celebrate sustainably.
1. Sacred Heart Candle £7.50. Photo credit: Pio Soaps.
Made from eco-friendly soy wax and embedded with Rose Quartz, a stone that is popular for attracting and maintaining love.
2. White Chocolate and Raspberry Love Heart Lolly £1.75. Photo credit: Cocoa Loco.
This fairtrade certified chocolate from Cocoa Loco melts in the mouth – delicious.
3. Organic Pomegranate Hearts £1.85. Photo credit: Biona.
Heart shaped sweets made using certified organic ingredients.
4. Rose Geranium Heart Soap £6.50. Photo credit: Lovely Soap Company.
This soap heart is handmade using nourishing oils and deliciously scented essential oils. Cruelty free and vegan.
5. Bhaskar Bangle £40.00. Photo credit: Luna Tree Jewellery.
Handcrafted by one community of Karen Hill Tribe silversmiths, this beautiful bangle is imprinted with fine hearts.
6. Navy Heart Brooch Card £8.00. Photo credit: Traidcraft.
Pack of 4 handmade paper cards. Produced by Swajan Crafts – an organisation that supports artisans in Bangladesh.
7. Divine White Chocolate & Strawberry Hearts £4.95. Photo credit: Divine.
Made with cocoa grown in Ghana by a co-operative of farmers, these white chocolate and strawberry hearts are delicious.
8. Fairtrade Pink Roses £25.00. Photo credit: M&S.
A beautiful bouquet of fairtrade roses.
9. Recycled Silver Heart Page Savers £24.00. Photo credit: Ethical Superstore.
Handcrafted in the UK and made using recycled silver, these page savers are perfect for any book lover.
10. Love Birds Card £1.50. Photo credit: Arthouse Meath.
Arthouse Meath is a collective of artists with learning disabilities who create beautiful designs – this card is designed by Saun Arundel.