Although I confess that I am neither a vegetarian nor a vegan, it is known that through these diets we can significantly reduce our environmental impact.
So with Pancake Day around the corner I’ve decided to experiment with a vegan recipe – something I’ve never tried before!
- 3/4 cup plain white flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teapoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
Plus fresh fruit (I used figs and blueberries from my local market) and syrup to serve.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Stir in the soy milk and coconut oil until smooth.
- Spoon one portion’s worth onto a small frying pan.
- Cook each side until they turn a golden brown.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve with fresh fruit and syrup.